Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Color Purple: An Introduction

Welcome to Notice Purple.

About Me
I'm Tee. I'm a 34 year old mother of 1 rambunctious 8 year old. I'm a Cancer with Gemini tendencies.  I'm from the mean streets of Louisville, KY, but I currently reside in suburban Baltimore, MD.  I went to college for a few years. I have a job. I have an unhealthy obsession with handbags and shoes. I drive a foreign car.  I run when my bum ankle approves mobile activities. I love to read. I love to write.

Writing about inappropriate topics that make me laugh is kind of a hobby of mine. The things that make me laugh usually make other people laugh, but honestly that's kind of a side effect of things. I would never call myself a comedienne.  In fact, I really don't even think I'm all that funny.  Most of the time when people laugh they are laughing at something that I was being serious about.  Sometimes that's frustrating, not knowing if people are taking you seriously, because I'm actually a pretty serious person. But usually, I just go with the flow and laugh with them. Because the smiles and the laughter bring so much joy to my mundane life.

Mundane? Yea, my life boring as all hell. Sometimes I get adventurous and watch the wildlife in the woods behind our house from the windows. However, the fact that I have trouble distinguishing a fawn from a chiuaua kind of kills all of the fun in that. I work a regular 9-5 that stresses me out. But not enough to make me go postal...yet. I don't do much socializing, because I'm not a very social person. This doesn't mean I'm not friendly. It just means that I'm not really fond of dealing with people outside of places where it's mandatory. On occasion I'll go to happy hour with friends and wild out with a half of a margarita or a couple of sips of sangria. Oh and then there are the trips to pop tags at Target. Now that's when things really get off the damn chain!! Popcorn, Icee's and shopping?! That's living the dream right there folks!

Well, that's enough about me. I'm pretty sure you'll be learning much more about me in the future, if I keep up with writing on here like I'm supposed to.

About The Blog
I chose the name Notice Purple for several different reasons.  None of them exceptionally deep (unless you think they are...then I'm the most profound person you know).

Purple is my favorite color.  Alice Walker is my favorite author. The Color Purple is my favorite book.  But mainly I chose it because of this quote from The Color Purple: "I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it."

That one quote is pretty much how I live my life.  I notice things.  I always look for the color purple.  Sometimes the purple is bright and vivid, sometimes it's a peaceful pastel.  When I find it, I point it out.  I don't ignore the obvious, even when people obviously want to ignore it.

The color purple can make you laugh, cry, or think. Sometimes it's so bright that you can't bear to look it dead on.  Other times it's so muted that you could miss it if there are other colors hanging around.

So that's what I'm going to write about here. The color purple. Because I don't want to piss God off.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to for the next entry. Write until you can't write any more then hire someone to write your words for you. :) I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Congratulations! I cant wait to read more!!! I know it will be great!!!

    ReplyDelete