Monday, September 10, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 5: Describe the last thing that seriously made you cry

The last thing that made me seriously cry? What's seriously? Like fall down on the floor, snorting and snotting? Roll around on the ground in pain crying? Screaming and hollering and just acting a complete damn fool?

Last Tuesday.  My sister called me to tell me that my nephew had been critically injured in an accident. She described all of his injuries and told me that "it doesn't look good".

Doesn't look good? What the hell does that even mean? Doesn't look good....like he might die?

Impossible. He's only 16. 16 year old kids don't get in accidents and have injuries that "don't look good". No, she was talking about somebody else.  Until I realized that she wasn't talking about somebody else. She was talking about the boy that I helped raise.  A child that I love like he's one of my own.

To hear that he didn't look good? Total devastation.

Yea, I seriously cried. Epic emotional breakdown. I haven't cried since. Not saying that I won't, but I'm gonna try and be strong for now.























1 comment: