Thursday, September 27, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 22 - Whom Do You Admire Most?

There's not one single person that I admire. There are so many outstanding people in my life that I would never be able to pick just one.  My friends are analysts, scientists, doctors, executives, lawyers,  mothers, fathers, preachers, teachers....the list goes on and on. Every single one of them has done something or lives a life that I admire. But since I don't have the time or the space to name all of them, I'll just tell you about a few.

First, there's my friend Hershey. I think she's amazing. Pretty much everything she does, she excels at it. And she has the nerve to make it look super easy. But that's not why I admire her. What I admire is her work ethic. She's probably the hardest working person I know.  When she puts her mind to something, whatever it is, she accomplishes it. I've seen her stay up for days while trying to study or perfect something.  Sacrificing sleep, food, and free time is nothing if she has to do it to get the job done. Now she's back in school pursuing another dream. I don't worry about her, because I know she's going to do well. I'm just waiting on the graduation invitation.

Then there's my mother-in-law, Radiant in Red. She's one of the sweetest people that I've ever met. It's hard to imagine that she would ever have an unkind word for anyone.  In fact, on the days when I call her hollering and cussing, she finds a way to make me see the good in whatever the moron who has pissed me off has done. To calm me down when I'm on the ledge? That takes skill. And she does it with ease. Every single time. She's a God fearing woman who stays prayed up and covered. What I admire most about her is her ability to find the good in anyone. For a pessimist like me who automatically searches for the screw up, having someone like her in my life is kind of equalizing for me. Her calm vs. my not-so-calm just seems to work. I can't imagine not having someone with such an awesome soul in my life. She's definitely been a blessing.

And don't get me started on Dark 'N Lovely. Everything about her makes me smile. She's another positive beacon in my murky, mean waters of life. I look forward for texts and calls from her because she always have a kind word of encouragement.  She entertains my foolishness, but won't hesitate to call me out when I take things too far. What I admire most about her is her ability to tackle being a stay at home Mom and wife to one of the craziest thugs I know (Winchester STAND UP!!). For all of the people who say that working a 9-5 is hard, knowing that she works at her job 24 hours a day and still finds a way to be perky and smile? Phenomenal. Lord knows I would be the most difficult person on Earth if I had to do what she does everyday. Her kids are beautiful, intelligent, and normal. She's done an outstanding job.


So there, 3 people that I admire. I picked 3 because that's my favorite number. I already told you that I could say something about pretty much everyone I know.

Bonus Pick: Shaun. This chick said she was tired of not moving and picked her feet up and started running!! I'm not talking about just around the block either. She's doing 5Ks and 1/2 marathons! If that's not something for the lazy folks of the world like me to admire I don't know what is!! Keep up the good work girlfriend! Me and my ankle will be cheering for you from the sidelines.




No comments:

Post a Comment