Saturday, September 8, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 3: If you could wish for anything that would come true, what would you wish for?

I don't make wishes. I'm a realist with a very large dose of pessimist. Wishes aren't what a person like me spends time on.

But if I had to make one wish, I'd wish that my nephew Nicolas Shayne Thomas got up out of his hospital bed fully recovered from all injuries and ready to make positive changes in his life.

I know that wishes don't really come true. So what I do is pray.

I'm praying for Nicky's complete physical and mental healing. I'm praying that he learns a lesson from everything that's happened. I'm praying that he recognizes his blessings and stops blocking them.  I'm praying that my family recognizes the miracle in the fact that we are able to pray for his recovery and not for our peace from a tremendous loss.

I have faith that my prayers will be answered. That renders wishes unnecessary.










1 comment: