Tuesday, September 11, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 6 - What is your fear/phobia?

What are my fears/phobias? I think the easiest thing would be for me to tell you what I'm not afraid of.  I'm serious. Everything scares me. It's kind of ridiculous. Anyway, here's my list:

Shit That Scares The Shit Outta Me: An Abbreviated List

  1. Scary children in movies. I don't mess with movies that have children in them. Scary kids terrify me. There's no reason should be walking around unattended killing folks and getting possessed all willy nilly. It ain't right and I want no parts of it.
  2. Heights. Being high up makes me nervous.  
  3. Deep water. And by deep I mean higher than my ankles. I can't swim, I don't want to learn. There is nothing more out of control than being surrounded by water and not knowing if you are up or down. No thanks.
  4. Scary movies. Being scared on purpose is dumb as hell. Anybody who's into that needs to seek mental treatment of the 72 hour hold variety.
  5. Large crowds. And by crowd I mean more than 4 people. Any group of people larger than that and I retreat inside myself. I'm not antisocial. I'm a socialphobe. I just made that word up. 
  6. Unattractiveness. Now, I know this will seem mean, but judge me if you want. Who didn't jump when they first laid eyes on Shabba Ranks? Exactly. This is why I don't have any ugly friends. Pretty is comforting to me. 
  7. Loud noises. Wanna see me jump and run? Pop a balloon. My ass will beat Usain Bolt getting away from there.
  8. Cats. Cats are creepy and sneaky. They look at you with eyes that know. They see through you. I'm certain that a whole group of cats sits around a plans the demise of the humans around them. I can't take those kinds of chances.
  9. Failure. I talked about this before. I don't like failing. I don't like starting things that I can't finish. I don't always have to win, but I have to make it to the end. If I don't it's a problem. I'd rather not start something if I know I won't be able to see it through.
  10. Public speaking. I think this is because I'm a socialphobe. I don't like speaking in front of people. If I have to I talk as fast as I possibly can to get it over with.
  11. Answering questions. I have an irrational fear of being wrong, even when I know I'm right. 
Well that's all the sharing I'm going to do today. I pay my therapist good money to tell her these things. I can't be giving it all away for free. 

1 comment:

  1. ROFL! I swear I think you are my twin sister from another set of parents. LOL!#2, #5, #6, #7, #9 , #10 and #11 all hit home with me.

    ReplyDelete