Sunday, September 23, 2012

30 Day Writing Change: Day 18 - What's Your Passion?

I don't thing I've ever identified my passion.

There are plenty of things that I enjoy doing.  But there is nothing that I do that I couldn't live without.

I love to write. In fact, I wouldn't mind making a living doing it. But, I don't know if I love it enough to stop everything that I'm doing write now to pursue it.

I love to shop. Can that be a passion? Handbags and shoes give me LIFE! The smell of leather and other animal skins makes my heart smile. But, I'm not sure how that could be a passion.

Can you be passionate about eating? I love food. But I'm not a foodie. I'm picky as hell. Eating with me is like feeding a 2 year old.  My food can't touch and there are only certain things I will eat. But, put something in front of me that I can recognize and KNOW is delicious. I'm shutting it down.

I'm not sure my anti-body hair movement is a passion or not.  But I work hard at keeping my body smooth and furless. I judge hairy people and direct them to the nearest laser hair removal location. I don't consider that a passion. I consider it community service.

I love politics. But I mainly watch to see politicians make asses of themselves. I mean, I try my best to keep up with the issues and know what I'm voting for. But really I just do that so that I can call people out when they don't know what the hell they are talking about.

What about playing the dozens? I love to do that. My mental rolodex of Yo Mama jokes is pretty damn stellar.  But that can't possibly be a passion, can it? Who would live for that kind of thing? Not me.

I'm going to have to think about this some more.  I know y'all are judging me right now.  I gotta fix that.



No comments:

Post a Comment