Friday, September 7, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 2: Who/What Can't You Live Without

I used to think that I couldn't make it without certain people in my life.  Turns out I'm doing just fine.

A few years ago I would have said a real book, but my Kindle has made me a believer.

Yesterday I would have said an apple Jolly Rancher lollipop, but I had to settle for a Blow Pop and I still survived.

Other than my son there are no people on Earth that I just have to be around. But I wouldn't say I couldn't live without him because there are days when I want to ship him off to destinations unknown in a box with holes punched in it.

I guess the "who" that I can't live without is my very best friend, Tee. The real me. We had some problems and she went away for a while a few years back. And I must admit that life was pretty rough without her. I was walking around completely lost. I understand why she took a break, but dammit it was hard dealing with life alone.

She's back full throttle these days though. And she's taking no shorts. From anybody.

So yeah, the one person I can't live without is the real and true me. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment