Friday, October 12, 2012

Revelations

When I started this blog it was supposed to be a form of therapy for me. My plan was to come here and discuss whatever was on my heart and my mind. I haven't written often, but when I have I tried to write as honestly as I could.  I can only write about my own personal experience. I only know about my happiest moments.  I can only recall my heartache. I can only learn from my mistakes. When I started writing about these things I was fearful.  I didn't know what people would think of me when they saw that I really do have a therapist. What would they say when they found out that I suffered from anxiety and depression?

The 30 Day Challenge that I recently completed was a great help to me. It made me use my brain in ways that I haven't used it in a very long time. But mostly, it made me open up about some things that have been going on in my life that I hadn't revealed to anyone.  It provided a way for me to look at myself in a way that I never had before.

Publicly, I've always had copious amounts of self-esteem, but I never really viewed myself as a particularly strong person.  In fact, because of some of the decisions that I've made, I saw myself as pretty weak. But completing that challenge showed me some things about myself that I hadn't realized before.

I'm a survivor. I've been through a LOT and I have a lot to say. My voice is important. My words have power. I am much stronger than I ever realized. And even if my message goes no further than this little blog, the fact that I'm even saying these things "out loud" really does make a difference.

It's taken me quite a while to realize this. However, over the past few weeks I've received emails, texts, and inbox messages from readers telling me that they see something beautiful in the way that I write. They say that something I said helped them figure out a problem that they were having. I've been told that people can see themselves in the things that I write. This is amazing to me. Because although helping others was not my intent, I'm proud that my mess has some kind of positive effect on someone.

Ain't it purrty?
I never imagined that I would get so much support and honest input and reactions from people when I started this blog. But I'm happy that it's turned out this way. I don't propose to know all the answers. In fact, I certain I don't know the answer to most. But this blog isn't about having answers anyway. I'm just writing about my life as I live it. And even though I usually end up in tears when I'm writing, I gain confidence with every keystroke. 

It took longer than it should have, but I'm seeing the purple in this situation. I think it's quite beautiful. 

5 comments:

  1. "I'm a survivor. I've been through a LOT and I have a lot to say. My voice is important. My words have power. I am much stronger than I ever realized. And even if my message goes no further than this little blog, the fact that I'm even saying these things "out loud" really does make a difference."

    AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome journey! Your blig has only further reiterated your awesomeness! Congratulations and keep writing! I'll be reading:)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelle! On those days when I don't feel so awesome I'm coming here to read this. :-)

      Delete
  3. LOVE IT! You are an exceptional writer, your honestly and candidness is refreshing. We are all human, we go through, deal with and over come so many things that there is no room for one to pass judgement. Besides I'm sure you have touched quite a few lives through what you have written in the last 60 days and I'm so glad you are continuing with your writing. :) Keep going, don't stop, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't stop. I don't think I could if I wanted to. It took me 34 years to figure out what my calling is. I kinda like it. lol

      Delete