Monday, October 1, 2012

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 26 - When were the happiest days in your life?

Is this question asking about a particular time period in my life when the days were happiest? Or is it asking me to specifically name when the happiest moments in my life occurred? This is important. Well, at least it's important to me. I know it's a little anal (okay a LOT) but still, my mind won't rest until I know. Blame my 9-5 for this particular mental issue. I have to figure out word puzzles like this all day long.

Anyway, since it's obvious that I won't be able to get the answer to my questions any time soon, I guess I'll go with the option that I feel most comfortable with. I'll tell you some the happiest moments in my life as they occurred.  A timeline if you will.

The Happiest Moments in Tee's Life - A Timeline 

July 1978 - I was born. This is a happy moment for the universe. Citizens express their great joy by producing great displays of affection and honor through fireworks, parades, and backyard barbecues in my honor. 

March 1984 - I won my first spelling bee. This is a big deal for me. Words will always be important in my life.

April 2000 - I became a member of Alllllpha Kappa Allllllpha Sorority, INcorporated! I'm an AKA people, really no additional explanation is needed.

August 2001 - I's married now!! Rain, tears, and terrible 4 years olds couldn't stop it.

January 2004 - And baby makes 3.

August 2008 - Life changing job offer.

September 2008 - I discover that I am within 2 hours drive of several outstanding outlet malls. Kate Spade, Coach, Nordstrom Rack, Off 5th. My life is complete. 

August 2010 - I shave my head. This was a rebirth of sorts for me. Big effin deal. Trust.

March 2011 - LASIK surgery rids me of the need for horrible face pinching spectacles.

March 2012 - I bought my first car!! This is the first car I've ever had. It's the first one that I had that wasn't gifted to me. Bought and paid with my own money. Big effin deal. Trust.

July 2012 - Laser hair removal treatments begin. My quest to be hair free is real. You will never understand how much this decision has made my soul sing.

To be continued...

I'm certain there will be plenty of other moments that make me immensely happy. I look forward to experiencing them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment