Monday, July 27, 2015

Rest In Peace Michael Lee Thomas, Jr. aka Louis Keyz

Keylos Santana aka Lenny Keyvitz aka Goldfangas lol
On July 5, 2015, my brother, Michael Lee Thomas, Jr., was murdered. He was 33 years old.

He was a poet.
He was a musician.
He was a chef.
He was a confidant.
He was a father.
He was a son.
He was a brother.
He was an uncle.
He was a friend.

He mattered.

He was gentle.
He was kind.
He was logical.
He was a dreamer.
He was generous.
He was thoughtful.
He was a genius.

He mattered.

I loved that man with all of my heart.
He was special.
He was a friend to those who didn’t have any.
He was an anchor for 3 sisters who were known to fly off the deep end.
He was a comedian.
He was a peacekeeper.

He mattered.

He mattered.

His life mattered, but he was still taken away.

I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get over the pain that I feel. I don’t know if this hole in my heart will heal. I don’t know about much of anything these days.

But what you should know is that when you post #blacklivesmatter and #alllivesmatter they aren’t just cool hashtags to put up on your social media sites for shits and giggles.

There are names behind those hashtags. There are LIVES behind those hashtags. There are families and friends who are hurting behind those hashtags. Those hashtags mean something.

One of those names is Michael Lee Thomas, Jr.

Born on July 25, 1981, taken from us on July 5, 2015.

He mattered.

He still matters.
He will always matter to me.

9 comments:

  1. And I live! Short. Sweet. To the point and sincere. Heal. Praying your peace, comfort and closure. I love you (some days ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was such a sweet soul and one of the dopest people I've ever met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiya, I love you doll and I'm sooooo sorry this happened to you and your family. I don't think I had met him but I'm sure he had the comedian in his blood for sure knowing you and Momma! Stay strong ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely daughter, a very fitting tribute, we will get thru this together, mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis I love it. Continuing putting your thoughts on paper. Its a great way of dealing with this. Hang in there, hard is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bitter sweet tribute and reminder Soror.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love It! What a beautiful tribute! Still praying for the Thomas Family. God Bless You All

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love It! What a beautiful tribute! Still praying for the Thomas Family. God Bless You All

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love It! What a beautiful tribute! Still praying for the Thomas Family. God Bless You All

    ReplyDelete